Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Bridegroom

Our beautiful daughter
Photo credit: Cheryl Christmas

This is one of my favorite photos of our daughter as she patiently awaits for her wedding to begin.
This is her wedding day and it is finally here.
A card has just been hand delivered from her groom and she is peering through
the upstairs window from the bridal chamber at the arriving guests.

A few years ago on a trip to Israel, my husband and I were intentionally separated on a walking tour through a Jewish synagogue. I would follow the women into a room where there was a only a thin wooden lattice separating us from the men. Some of us women peered through to watch the men on the other side. Each man would don on his head, a provided kippa, before entering into the holy place.  

I remember the fluttering feeling I had inside me; all the while trying to catch a glimpse of my beloved through the tiny opening. Quickly, he disappeared through the small doorway. He was now out of sight but not out of my thoughts. My heart exploded with giddy anticipation to see him again soon and hear him tell me all that he had experienced behind the door. 

A scripture began to rise up in my heart as I watched my husband walk by. "My lover is like a
gazelle or a young stag. Look! There he stands behind our wall, gazing through the windows, peering
through the lattice," Song of Solomon 2:9.


Challenge for today:
To all woman, Jesus, The Messiah, has promised in the scriptures that he will return. He is coming again in Power, Majesty, and Glory. He is a God that does not lie. He stands peering behind the lattice awaiting the appointed time for the earth to behold him. 
He is calling you. 

Today, will you respond to his still small voice as he calls you unto himself? 















2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, mom.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Your story and the photo you posted with the description under it fit perfectly with the verse and everything else you shared.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's inspiring that after all these years dad still makes your heart flutter with giddy anticipation. Beautiful mom!

      Delete